Submitted by Communications Team on April 23, 2021 - 5:39pm
Visitation Paused Until May 3rd
- As you know, the COVID-19 Watch Team paused indoor visitation for 14 days at the NeuroCare Campus on Monday given the influx of active COVID-19 cases for our team members and the high positivity rate in Wayne County. While this was unfortunate, we’re relieved to report that 12 of the 14 PCR tests for staff this week were confirmed negative and that we continue to have no active cases of COVID-19 for clients.
- The two staff members who tested positive are on 14 day quarantines and contact tracing has been initiated to identify, monitor, and support individuals who may have been exposed to the virus. We continue to track our client and staff pending and confirmed cases here.
- Although the number of new cases in Michigan remains high, the Governor reported earlier this week that positivity rates are starting to decline across the state, including in Wayne County. If the numbers continue to slow, and we have no new cases of COVID-19 at the NeuroCare Campus, we're hoping to resume visitation on Monday, May 3rd.
- Wayne County's positivity rate declined this week to 14%. Mandatory bi-weekly testing for NCC staff will continue on Tuesdays and Fridays until the positivity rate falls below 10%. Per MDHHS guidelines, routine testing will continue for all NCC clients during the quarantine period due to positive staff cases.
- We'll continue to administer rapid tests to outpatient clients in the NCC Lobby 15 minutes prior to their scheduled therapy session. A new rapid test is required every 72 hours so testing frequency will depend on each client's weekly therapy schedule.
Big Turnout at Drive-Thru Vaccine Clinics!
- A bright spot this week was the AMAZING turnout at our second round of drive-thru vaccine clinics at NCC and at our partner Resilire's Neuro Skills Center in Troy. A big shout out to the fabulous, hard-working Special Tree and Resilire crews who braved snow and cold temperatures to administer a total of 218 first and second doses! The next drive-thru clinics for Special Tree clients, staff, and immediate family members are on Tuesday, May 11th. Check your email next week for registration details.