Submitted by Communications Team on August 5, 2021 - 12:08pm
We were notified on the evening of August 4, 2021 that a team member at the NeuroCare Campus (NCC) who was fully vaccinated tested positive for COVID-19 during our first round of outbreak testing this week for all staff and clients. As a result, the following precautions are in place at the NeuroCare Campus per MDHHS guidelines:
- Contact tracing has been initiated to identify, monitor, and support individuals who may have been exposed to the virus.
- We will continue weekly outbreak testing for all staff and clients at NeuroCare Campus North, South, and the Heavlin Residence regardless of vaccination status until we are COVID free for 14 days.
- Visitation at NCC North, South, and Heavlin is temporarily suspended through August 18th. We can resume visitation on August 19th pending no additional positive cases.
- All community outings are temporarily suspended at this time. Only essential physician appointments are allowed and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- As a reminder, we continue to track our client and staff pending and confirmed cases on the COVID-19 page of our website.
We urge everyone to remain vigilant in safety precautions to reduce the spread of the highly-contagious Delta variant which includes following new mask guidance from the CDC, social distancing, frequent hand washing, and getting vaccinated. We’ll continue to keep you up-to-date as we have more news and encourage you to reach out to your Case Manager with your questions and concerns.