Submitted by Communications Team on September 16, 2020 - 1:50pm
We’ve made it through another week of no new COVID-19 cases for staff and clients. This is great news and a true testament to the extraordinary care that our team members provide to our clients as well as to each other as we fight COVID-19. As always, we appreciate your continued patience and support during this challenging time. We continue to track all pending and active cases within the Special Tree Rehabilitation System. Be sure to check specialtree.com frequently to stay informed.Here are the latest updates:
- This is the last week of mandatory weekly testing for NeuroCare Center (NCC) clients as long as all tests come back negative. NCC staff testing will continue until we meet the requirement of 28 consecutive days without a staff testing positive.
- Tyler Circle is the only Residence in quarantine which will be lifted at the end of the week. Clients are doing well and will resume activities, including Outpatient Therapy at NCC, beginning Monday, August 10th.
- The quarantine at our Williams Residence was lifted this week following negative test results for all clients and staff at the home.
- A Residential client at Church Street is in quarantine for 14-days in his apartment following a potential exposure from the client’s dentist. The COVID-19 Team did NOT activate safety protocols for staff after they determined the staff member who accompanied the client did not interact with the dentist AND there were no staff interactions after the appointment.
- There are no new COVID-19 cases at the Troy Neuro Skills Center. Test results were confirmed for the potential exposure case last week involving a Pediatric staff member who was cleared to return to work.
- Therapy services resumed for Wayne Residential clients this week (with the exception of Tyler Circle) at the Wayne Outpatient Clinic at NCC.
- Special Tree's SCI Learning Series is back! This week, we welcomed existing clients back to our monthly Spinal Cord Injury education classes that cover the essentials of living with an SCI. Special Tree’s SCI Community Liaison Todd Hammons will resume monthly peer-to-peer support programming at NCC beginning next month. More details to come.
- Oakland/Macomb and Wayne Day Treatment Services programs will resume when visitor restrictions are lifted on August 31st. Due to safety concerns, there are no plans to temporarily bring DTS activities into the Residential homes during visitor restrictions.
- There are no active cases of COVID-19 at the Saginaw Outpatient Clinic. Test results are still pending for a potential client exposure case. No staff were affected and the client can participate in therapy services once their COVID-19 status is confirmed.
- The Healthy Aging program is tentatively scheduled to resume on September 3rd at our Middle Branch Residence. Residential homes that were missed due to COVID-19 will be rescheduled in 2021.
- We are aggressively managing our supply of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are following best practices for disinfecting and cleaning our facilities
c to their assigned facility.
- We are aggressively managing our supply of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are following best practices for disinfecting and cleaning our facilities. We continue to appropriately secure supplies in anticipation of routine needs such as the upcoming flu season.