Submitted by Communications Team on December 22, 2020 - 6:31pm
COVID-19 Vaccine Update
- CVS Pharmacy will tentatively be onsite at the NeuroCare Campus on January 7th and January 28th to administer the first and second doses of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine to our NCC clients and staff. We are still waiting for our third assigned clinic date from CVS.
- The COVID-19 Watch Team started contacting clients at the NeuroCare Campus and their legal representatives to obtain consent to receive the vaccine and to discuss the Emergency Use Authorization form for the vaccine.
- Visitor restrictions are in place at all of our facilities until their counties are no longer designated “red” for COVID-19 positivity rates. Please note that our staff must adhere to visitor restrictions even during the holiday season.
- We appreciate how difficult this is for clients, families, friends, and supporters who cannot connect with our clients during the holidays as they normally may have. Our staff are available to help you connect in whatever ways we can through calls and video during this unprecedented holiday season.
- On Monday, we were notified that a Residential client at the Royal Oak Residence has tested positive for COVID-19. The client is quarantining in an apartment at Webster Court. Post exposure precautions are in place at the Royal Oak Residence including an in-home quarantine, full PPE usage, and suspension of all activities and therapy services until December 27, 2020.
- On Monday, we were notified that a team member at Troy Outpatient Center has tested positive and is on a 14-day quarantine.
- A staff member at the NeuroCare Campus is on a 14-day quarantine as a precaution following a post-exposure from a family member who tested positive.
- Special Tree continues to identify, monitor, and support individuals who may have been exposed to the virus for any existing or new events.
- We continue to track our client and staff pending and confirmed cases on the COVID-19 page of our website.
- In addition to our email communications and website tracking, when there is a positive case we initiate a contact tracing list and those that have been directly exposed will be contacted by their supervisor.
- During the holidays, mandatory testing will be once a week for all NeuroCare Campus clients and staff. Mandatory bi-weekly testing at NCC will resume on January 5, 2021 from 12:30pm – 5pm.
- We are aggressively managing our supply of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are following best practices for disinfecting and cleaning our facilities. We continue to appropriately secure supplies in anticipation of routine needs such as the current flu season.