Submitted by jenatwood on January 18, 2022 - 10:43am
Special Tree continues to experience a high level of COVID-19 positivity among staff at the NeuroCare Campus as the Omicron variant surges in Michigan. As of today, there are 9 staff with confirmed positive PCR results. Currently we have 0 clients currently positive for COVID-19.
Visitation at the NeuroCare Campus remains open, as state and federal guidelines do not allow skilled nursing facilities like Special Tree to restrict or limit visitation during a COVID-19 outbreak. However, for the health and safety of our staff and clients we ask that visitors consider limiting visits during this outbreak period. The following additional safety precautions are now in place:
- Clients in-room quarantines have been lifted for NCC North and South effective 1/14/22.
- PCR tests for clients will continue weekly.
- Clients will resume therapy in the clinic as appropriate effective the week of 1/17/22.
- Clients receiving Outpatient Therapy should continue to wait in the back area by Massage instead of the NCC lobby.
- All visitors will continue to receive a rapid test by an NCC staff member regardless of vaccination status.
- We continue to track our client and staff pending and confirmed cases on the COVID-19 page of our website.
Important Visitation Reminders:
- The NeuroCare Campus remains in outbreak status and weekly outbreak testing will continue for clients and staff regardless of vaccination status.
- Visitation at the NeuroCare Campus is from 10am – 8pm daily, although we ask that visitors consider limiting visits during this outbreak period.
- If you are ill, please do not visit.
- Special Tree will continue our strict infection control practices including a mask requirement for all clients, staff, and visitors at the NeuroCare Campus regardless of vaccination status.
- All visitors are free to visit throughout the building but must wear a mask at all times, including client rooms. It is preferred that visits occur in the client’s room during outbreak periods.
- COVID-19 screenings are still required for ALL visitors regardless of vaccination status.
- Visitors must be 12 years or older.
Please remain vigilant in safety precautions at all times to reduce the spread of the highly-contagious COVID-19 variants which includes following mask guidance from the CDC, social distancing, frequent hand washing, and getting vaccinated and boostered.