January 22, 2022 AMENDMENT to 1/21 update:
Urgent Progression in COVID Precautions
- As of the time of this written communication, we have 12 positive employees
- As of the time of this written communication, we have 7 positive clients
COVID Precautions have been elevated to include the following:
- Clients are currently quarantined to their rooms
- Employees are now required to wear N95 mask w/surgical mask covering and face shields as all times
- Client care in COVID rooms require strict adherence to full PPE attire
- Therapy treatment will occur in rooms with proper PPE attire on
- Visitors are allowed, with provided education on the current policies in place for the safety of their loved ones and the other clients
- Visitors are to screen, test, and wear PPE attire throughout visits
January 21, 2022
Special Tree continues to experience a high level of COVID-19 positivity at the NeuroCare Campus as the Omicron variant surges in Michigan. As of today, there are 6 staff and 2 clients with confirmed positive PCR results and additional PCR results pending.
On January 13, the U.S. Supreme Court voted to uphold the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ (CMS) vaccine mandate rule for health care providers. Anticipating this, Special Tree did not pause the vaccine mandate for staff, although the deadlines for completion were extended in December to give more time for compliance. We continue to provide the COVID-19 vaccine to unvaccinated staff and we encourage staff to get vaccinated against COVID-19 as it remains a very important tool in the fight to end the pandemic.
Visitation at the NeuroCare Campus remains open, as state and federal guidelines do not allow skilled nursing facilities like Special Tree to restrict or limit visitation during a COVID-19 outbreak. However, for the health and safety of our staff and clients we ask that visitors consider limiting visits during this outbreak period. The following additional safety precautions are now in place:
- Due to the rise in cases, client in-room quarantines have been reinstated this week.
- PCR tests for clients will continue weekly.
- Clients resumed therapy in the clinic as appropriate effective the week of 1/17/22.
- Clients receiving Outpatient Therapy should continue to wait in the back area by Massage instead of the NCC lobby.
- All visitors will continue to receive a rapid test by an NCC staff member regardless of vaccination status.
- We continue to track our client and staff pending and confirmed cases on the COVID-19 page of our website.
Important Visitation Reminders:
- The NeuroCare Campus remains in outbreak status and weekly outbreak testing will continue for clients and staff regardless of vaccination status.
- Visitation at the NeuroCare Campus is from 10am – 8pm daily, although we ask that visitors consider limiting visits during this outbreak period.
- If you are ill, please do not visit.
- Special Tree will continue our strict infection control practices including a mask requirement for all clients, staff, and visitors at the NeuroCare Campus regardless of vaccination status.
- All visitors are free to visit throughout the building but must wear a mask at all times, including client rooms. It is preferred that visits occur in the client’s room during outbreak periods.
- COVID-19 screenings are still required for ALL visitors regardless of vaccination status.
- Visitors must be 12 years or older.
Please remain vigilant in safety precautions at all times to reduce the spread of the highly-contagious COVID-19 variants which includes following mask guidance from the CDC, social distancing, frequent hand washing, and getting vaccinated and boostered.