Submitted by Communications Team on January 4, 2022 - 7:20pm
Special Tree continues to experience a high level of COVID-19 positivity among staff and clients at the NeuroCare Campus as the Omicron variant surges in Michigan. As of today, there are 21 staff with confirmed positive PCR results and 19 staff with pending PCR test results following a positive rapid test. Currently we have six clients who have tested positive for COVID-19. In response to the spike in COVID-19 cases at NCC, the COVID-19 Watch Team is adding additional safety precautions to control the current outbreak.
Visitation at the NeuroCare Campus remains open, as state and federal guidelines do not allow skilled nursing facilities like Special Tree to restrict or limit visitation during a COVID-19 outbreak. However, for the health and safety of our staff and clients we ask that visitors consider limiting visits during this outbreak period. The following additional safety precautions are now in place:
- Clients on NCC North and NCC South are quarantined to their rooms.
- PCR tests were completed on all clients today.
- All staff received N-95 masks today.
- Clients will receive all therapies in their rooms.
- Clients receiving Outpatient Therapy should wait in the back area by Massage instead of the NCC lobby.
- All visitors will receive a rapid test by an NCC staff member regardless of vaccination status.
- We continue to track our client and staff pending and confirmed cases on the COVID-19 page of our website.
Important Visitation Reminders:
- The NeuroCare Campus remains in outbreak status and weekly outbreak testing will continue for clients and staff regardless of vaccination status until we are COVID-19 free for 14 days.
- Visitation at the NeuroCare Campus is from 10am – 8pm daily, although we ask that visitors consider limiting visits during this outbreak period.
- If you are ill, please do not visit.
- Special Tree will continue our strict infection control practices including a mask requirement for all clients, staff, and visitors at the NeuroCare Campus regardless of vaccination status.
- All visitors are free to visit throughout the building but must wear a mask at all times, including client rooms. It is preferred that visits occur in the client’s room during outbreak periods.
- COVID-19 screenings are still required for ALL visitors regardless of vaccination status.
- Visitors must be 12 years or older.
- Please remain vigilant in safety precautions at all times to reduce the spread of the highly-contagious COVID-19 variants which includes following mask guidance from the CDC, social distancing, frequent hand washing, and getting vaccinated and boostered.