Submitted by Communications Team on January 6, 2021 - 7:22pm
NeuroCare Campus Update:
- Yesterday we were notified that a client in our Outpatient Clinic at the NeuroCare Campus tested positive for COVID-19 and is now on a 14-day quarantine. Special Tree has initiated contact tracing to identify, monitor, and support individuals who may have been exposed to the virus. We continue to track our client and staff pending and confirmed cases on the COVID-19 page of our website.
- At this time we have no active cases of COVID-19 for clients at the NeuroCare Campus.
- Mandatory bi-weekly testing resumed this week for all NCC clients and staff on Tuesdays and Fridays from 12:30pm - 5pm.
- Visitor restrictions remain in place at NCC until Wayne County is no longer designated "red" for COVID-19 positivity rates.
- We are aggressively managing our supply of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are following best practices for disinfecting and cleaning our facilities. We continue to appropriately secure supplies in anticipation of routine needs such as the current flu season.
Residential/DayTreatment/Outpatient Services Update:
- Today we were notified that a Residential team member at Webster Court Apartments in Oakland County has tested positive for COVID-19 and is now on a 14-day quarantine.
- Contact tracing has been initiated to identify, monitor, and support individuals who may have been exposed to the virus.
- Post-exposure precautions remain in place at the Cottage Residence including an in-room quarantine, full PPE usage, and suspension of all activities and therapy services for 14 days.
- Post exposure precautions remain in place at the River Ridge Residence including an in-home quarantine, full PPE usage, and suspension of all external activities and therapy services.
- Therapy and Day Treatment Services remain on hold for all Wayne County Residential clients until at least January 25th.
- Visitor restrictions remain in place at all of our Residential and Outpatient facilities until further notice.
NeuroCare Campus COVID-19 Vaccine Update:
- Special Tree's first COVID-19 vaccine clinic is scheduled this week for clients and staff at the NeuroCare Campus who SIGNED UP to receive the vaccine.
- CVS Pharmacy has notified us that they will be onsite at each of our Residential facilities during the months of January, February and March to administer the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine to our Residential clients and staff. Our Residential Nurses are beginning to call family members and guardians to discuss the process for giving consent for your loved one to be vaccinated. Watch your email this week for more details.