Submitted by Communications Team on June 17, 2021 - 3:27pm
Special Tree remains COVID-19 free with no positive cases among staff or clients. The Wayne County positivity rate remains below 5%. Here are the latest updates:
- Weekly routine testing will continue for non-vaccinated staff. The COVID-19 team has retracted the monthly routine testing standard after the MDHHS reinforced continuation of stricter testing requirements for non-vaccinated staff working in Long Term Care environments.
- Routine testing is no longer required for fully vaccinated staff. Any staff and/or client who is symptomatic or has a known exposure to COVID-19 will be tested. All outbreak testing will continue whenever necessary.
- Testing will no longer be required for Outpatient clients who are fully vaccinated. Outpatient clients who not vaccinated will continue to get a rapid test 15 minutes prior to their therapy session.
- All new admissions to Special Tree are required to be quarantined/isolated for 14 days unless they are fully-vaccinated. When a client is symptomatic, regardless of vaccination status, our current protocol is to automatically isolate to rule out COVID-19.
- At this time, the COVID-19 Team has made the decision to continue requiring masks at the NeuroCare Campus. We realize there’s been changes in masking regulations and will continue to evaluate our current practices to maintain the health and safety of our clients and staff.
Important Visitation Reminders:
- Visitation hours are currently from 1pm - 5pm daily.
- Families and friends (age 12+) who are fully vaccinated will be able to visit vaccinated clients anywhere at the NeuroCare Campus including their room, therapy, and the dining room between our established visiting hours.
- Vaccinated visitors will be given a badge that must be visible during their visit. Visitors who do not have a visible NCC-issued badge will not be allowed in the building.
- Non-vaccinated clients, family, and friends will continue our previous visitation protocols including scheduled visits, COVID-19 testing, visits in designated area, and monitoring during visitation.
- COVID-19 screenings, temperature checks, and masks will still be required for ALL visitors.
- Special Tree currently meets the MDHHS visitation requirement that at least 70% of clients are vaccinated. Our current Campus vaccination rate is 75%.