Submitted by Communications Team on May 3, 2021 - 1:58pm
Here are the Latest Updates:
- One team member who works at the Heavlin Residence tested positive for COVID-19 on Friday, April 30th. The individual is on a 14 day quarantine, and contact tracing has been initiated to identify, monitor, and support individuals who may have been exposed to the virus. We continue to track our client and staff pending and confirmed cases here.
- Visitation at the Heavlin Residence will be paused for the time being. All Heavlin clients and staff received PCR tests today. Visitation will resume once PCR tests are confirmed negative and we have no new COVID-19 cases at Heavlin.
- On Friday, Governor Whitmer announced benchmarks for lifting restrictions across the state based on COVID-19 vaccination rates (see below).
- As of today, Wayne County's positivity rate declined this week to 13%. Mandatory bi-weekly testing for NCC staff will continue on Tuesdays and Fridays until the positivity rate falls below 10%. Per MDHHS guidelines, routine testing will continue for all Heavlin clients due to positive staff case.
- We'll continue to administer rapid tests to outpatient clients in the NCC Lobby 15 minutes prior to their scheduled therapy session. A new rapid test is required every 72 hours so testing frequency will depend on each client's weekly therapy schedule
As we've said many times, the health and safety of our clients and team members is our top priority and we remain vigilant in continuing our strategies to prevent and slow the spread of the virus at Special Tree. We'll continue to keep you updated as we have news and encourage you to reach out to your Case Manager with your questions and concerns.