Submitted by Communications Team on November 11, 2021 - 2:59pm
We were informed today of a positive PCR test result for a team member who is now on a 14-day quarantine. As a result, the following precautions are now in place at the NeuroCare Campus per MDHHS guidelines:
- We are now in “outbreak” status and required to temporarily suspend indoor/outdoor visitation for 14 days at NCC North, South, and Heavlin while we test all clients and staff on NCC North, South, and Heavlin regardless of vaccination status.
- Contact tracing has been initiated to identify, monitor, and support individuals who may have been exposed to the virus.
- We will continue with weekly outbreak testing for 14 days as long as we do not identify any additional positive cases.
- Visitation can resume if there are no new positive cases during the 14-day outbreak testing period.
- All community outings are temporarily suspended at this time. Only essential physician appointments are allowed and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- As a reminder, we continue to track our client and staff pending and confirmed cases on the COVID-19 page of our website.
Latest News on the COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate
On November 4, 2021, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) announced that it is requiring COVID-19 vaccination of eligible staff at health care facilities like Special Tree that participate in Medicare and Medicaid programs by January 4, 2022. The regulation also provides for exemptions based on recognized medical conditions or religious beliefs, observances, or practices. The COVID-19 Watch Team is waiting to hear final decisions on the mandate and will communicate details once Special Tree's plan is confirmed
More COVID-19 updates:
- On Wednesday, Michigan reported the highest number of additional COVID-19 deaths in months and hit a positivity rate of 16.5%, which puts the state in the “red zone.” Find the most recent COVID-19 data complied from healthcare experts across the state here.
- We remain vigilant in protecting our clients and staff by continuing our infectious control protocols to prevent the spread of the virus including masking up, hand washing, and getting vaccinated.
- We continue to encourage everyone to get vaccinated and to get your booster shots. You are eligible for a booster shot 6 months following your second vaccine of Pfizer or Moderna and 2 months after the Jassen vaccine.
- Special Tree held their COVID-19 Vaccine Booster clinic for clients and staff on Nov. 3rd and continue to offer the Pfizer vaccine on-site to clients and staff who want get vaccinated.