Submitted by Communications Team on November 25, 2020 - 12:13pm
Thank you for your patience and support as we make our way through another week of COVID-19. We continue to protect our clients and staff in as many ways as possible to slow and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Visitor restrictions are in place until further notice. We appreciate how difficult this is for clients, families, friends, and supporters who cannot connect with our clients this week as they normally may have. Our staff are available to help you connect in whatever ways we can through calls and video during this unprecedented holiday season.
- Please note that our staff must adhere to visitor restrictions even during the Thanksgiving holiday.
- This week three employees at the NeuroCare Center tested positive for COVID-19 and one outpatient client in Troy is under investigation. We are awaiting additional test results for pending cases.
- Due to the rise in cases in Michigan and at the NeuroCare Center, we are considering increasing the testing frequency at NCC to twice per week. Details will be provided once a plan is determined.
- Special Tree continues to identify, monitor, and support individuals who may have been exposed to the virus for any existing or new events.
- We continue to track our client and staff pending and confirmed cases on the COVID-19 page of our website.
- In addition to our staff communications and website tracking, when there is a positive case we initiate a contact tracing list and those that have been directly exposed are contacted by their supervisor and clients and guardians impacted are informed.
We’ll continue to keep you up-to-date on the steps we’re taking in response to COVID-19 and encourage you to reach out to your Case Manager or Residential Program Manager with your questions and concerns