Submitted by Communications Team on September 27, 2021 - 12:37pm
Special Tree received confirmation today that a NCC South client has tested positive for COVID-19. Safety precautions have been escalated on NCC South and include a 14 day quarantine of all NCC South clients with close monitoring of their health status. We currently have two active cases at the NeuroCare Campus and will continue the following precautions per MDHHS guidelines:
- We remain in “outbreak” status and indoor/outdoor visitation is suspended for 14 days at NCC North, South, and Heavlin while we test all clients and staff on NCC North, South, and Heavlin regardless of vaccination status.
- Contact tracing has been initiated to identify, monitor, and support individuals who may have been exposed to the virus.
- We will continue with weekly outbreak testing for 14 days as long as we do not identify any additional positive cases.
- Visitation can resume if there are no new positive cases during the 14-day outbreak testing period.
- All community outings are temporarily suspended at this time. Only essential physician appointments are allowed and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
As a reminder, we continue to track our client and staff pending and confirmed cases on the COVID-19 page of our website.