Submitted by Communications Team on June 24, 2020 - 11:30am
Here are the latest updates:
- Last week, the Governor issued a new Executive Order 2020-123 to enhance protections for patients and staff which requires skilled-nursing facilities like the NeuroCare Center (NCC) to have testing standards. Those requirements affect our visitor restrictions at NCC which have been extended through July 12th as well as our quarantine protocols for new admissions and readmissions at NCC which increased from 10 days to 14 days.
- Visitor restrictions for our Residential homes are set to expire this Friday, June 26th. Our NeuroCare Center and Residential team leaders expect to receive specific requirements for visitor access to facilities from the State of Michigan and are awaiting communication on this. Families will receive a communication from their Special Tree primary contact on what to expect once facility visitation is resumed once known. We encourage families to continue to reach out to their primary contact with their questions as well.
- Outpatient therapy in Wayne County is back in action! Staff welcomed back clients on Monday in the former Pediatric activity area at the NeuroCare Center. The space has been completely transformed into a make-shift Outpatient therapy gym with separate rooms for speech and massage. A big thank you to our Facilities Services crew for their tremendous efforts to get the space ready for clients and staff.
- Most services are up and running at the Troy Neuro Skills Center and Saginaw Outpatient Clinic. Vocational and Therapeutic Recreation services will tentatively resume in Saginaw on June 29th. Outpatient Massage and Therapeutic Recreation will resume in Troy by mid-July.
- Our Vocational team at the Troy Neuro Skills Center welcomed back Webster Court Residential clients to our Industrial Operations Center (IOC) North on Monday. We’ve enhanced safety protocols and procedures at our Troy location to keep our Outpatient and IOC North clients from interacting while in the building including staggered break and lunch times.
- Our Pediatric Discover Summer Program is set to begin on Tuesday, July 7th at the Troy Neuro Skills Center. The 5-week program will run on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday until August 6th with Pediatric Outpatient therapy services available on Monday and Friday. Students 13 and younger will attend from 9am – 12pm and those 14 and older from 1pm – 4pm. Weather permitting, most activities will be outside, including the Teen Vocational program. The Pediatric and COVID-19 teams will closely monitor the program throughout the summer to keep our clients, staff, and communities safe.
- We’re actively planning to get all of our Residential clients back to the clinic for therapy and to resume Day Treatment Services (DTS) and Vocational programs. Residential clients in Oakland, Macomb, and Saginaw counties are tentatively scheduled to return to the Troy and Saginaw clinics for therapy only starting on July 6th followed by Wayne Residential clients returning for therapy only at the new make-shift Outpatient clinic at NCC beginning July 13th. All DTS and Vocational programming will resume for Residential clients the week following their return to therapy. The Residential and COVID-19 teams are implementing special protocols at the facilities where clients participate in DTS and Vocational programs to keep them separated by house.
We’ll continue to keep you up-to-date on the steps we’re taking in response to COVID-19 and encourage you to reach out to your Case Manager or Residential Program Manager with your questions and concerns.